Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 2000 15:34:16 -0500
From:      Drew Sanford <drew@planetwe.com>
To:        Dan Evensen <pcadmn@hotmail.com>
Cc:        billf@chimesnet.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: We need your old laptop for a committer...

Did you not notice that this person lives in a former Eastern Block
country? Unless you've been in hiding, you would know that the cost of
electronics of any sort (when they are actually available) are far
beyond the reach of the "average citizen". I doubt very seriously, due
to the general lack of up to date technology in a lot of these
countries, that anyone who would be interested in the advancement of
FreeBSD would be in a possition to afford a laptop. I think the fact
that Bill asked for this person is honorable. If I had a laptop to
spare, which I don't, as I don't even have one for myself, it would not
phase me to donate it for such a cause. As for not belonging on this
list, your comment about what does and doesn't belong has caused far
more disruption than his original post. Perhaps you should have sent
your opion to him only?

--
Drew Sanford