Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 1996 08:46:13 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com>
To:        Martin Ostermann <ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of HP 4020i worm support?

> I intend to install FreeBSD on a machine with a HP 4020i Worm connected
> via an AHA 2940. The hard disk is controlled by annother AHA 2940.
>
> I searched the 'questions' archive and understand that 2.1.5 doesn't
> support this, but I is being worked on for 2.2. As the release notes of
> the latest SNAP still don't mention the 4020i, is it possible at all to
> get it working with some patches? Is this mostly a matter of time, or
> are there serious problems to be solved?

[ Note, I work for HP (but NOT on the 4020i), so take this posting
  accordingly. ]

     The 2.1.5R release supposedly does support the 4020i, if a patch
(from Joerg Wunsch) is applied.  I've got a copy of the patch, if anyone
is interested, although I have not tested it.

     The 4020i has been supported in -current for quite some time, and I
know that it's worked at least since 2.2-snap-960612, as that's what I'm
(still) using to burn CDROMs using a 4020i.  I assume that it still
works in 2.2-snap-960801, but I haven't tested it.

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.