Date:      Tue, 7 Dec 1999 16:29:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: changing source before make world

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
>No.  One cool thing about CVS is that it tries to deal gracefully with
>local modifications to your checked out source when it has to apply
>deltas from the repository -- which is _exactly_ what you're looking
>for.

Sounds like it is.  Now, is there an easy way to do this *only* for this
file? I already have nice little scripts set up to do my cvsup upgrades,
and i don't think it makes sense to change everything now.. unless.. i'm
ready to move to the next level.  But i don't have a lot of space or
bandwidth to spare.  Do you mean i can just run CVS separately on that
module?  How do i single out just the pccardd target?

>If the delta from the repo overlaps with a local modification you've
>made to the file, a CVS conflict occurs.  The file is modified for your
>attention.  It's up to you to resolve the conflict, which is usually
>easy.
>
>When a CVS conflict occurs, CVS complains about it.  So as long as
>you're saving the output of your CVS runs, you'll always know about
>conflicts.
>
>Ciao,
>Sheldon.

-jm