Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2012 03:30:16 -0500
From:      Jason Hellenthal <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass@gmx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: allscreens extension

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 07:13:41PM +0200, Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I am using this small addition to etc/rc.d/syscons.
> It extends the allscreens functionality with an
> allscreens_exclude variable which controls the virtual
> terminals that are excluded from running the allscreens
> command. I use it mainly to exclude ttyv0 from switching
> to raster mode while allscreens are set to raster mode.
>=20
> I can file a proper PR if that sounds interesting to the project?
>=20

Personally I would believe a proper fix for this would be to add functional=
ity to rc.d to be able to change terminals on a by terminal basis instead o=
f adding an exclude to a variable meant to cover 'ALL' screens.

vidcontrol_flags_ttyv0=3D"..."

I could have swore functionality like this had already existed "not as the =
name listed above" but I don't pay much attention to this area as its usual=
ly a configure once and forget or don't configure at all since there is no =
console (or spoon).

--=20
;s =3D;

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s