Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:39:15 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Tilman_Keskin=F6z?= <arved@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        powerpc@freebsd.org, x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg on FreeBSD 10.x. Mac mini G4: black screen

Thanks Nathan, You pointed me in the right direction.=20

After changing my windowmanager to xterm,=20
i noticed that mouse and keyboard aren't detected because hal was not =
running.
Because of this i couldn't do anything on the screen :).

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ppc/2014-March/006914.html).
>=20
>> Section "Device"
>>        ### Available Driver options are:-
>>        ### [arg]: arg optional
>>        #Option     "NoAccel"            	# [<bool>]
>> 		Option "NoAccel"
>=20
> Why did you need to uncomment "NoAccel"?

Yes, Without this i just get some pixels moving on the screen and the =
console
does not recover after terminating the process.=20
=46rom what i read on the list, it may be because DRI
is broken. I will have to try to disable it.

Unfortunately w/o Acceleration everything is pretty slow, even console =
scrolling in x-term
>=20
>>        #Option     "R4xxATOM"           	# [<bool>]
>>        #Option     "ForceLowPowerMode"  	# [<bool>]
>>        #Option     "DynamicPM"          	# [<bool>]
>>        #Option     "NewPLL"             	# [<bool>]
>>        #Option     "ZaphodHeads"        	# <str>
>=20
> I have Option "UseFBDev" "false" here in mine; you might also need it; =
while
> X.org will complain that "Option "UseFBDev" is not used" in the log, I =
still
> think it helps (at the early stage?) to select correct video device =
(e.g. ATI
> driver vs. framebuffer mode).
>=20
> I also had to specify exact modeline for my LCD monitor in "Monitor" =
section
> =
(http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ppc/2014-March/006916.html), =
but
> that might be due to adapter usage.
>=20
> Do you have set sysctl hw.ofwfb.relax_mmap=3D1?  (It's hard to tell =
without
> seeing your /var/log/Xorg.0.log.)  Nathan is right; you should start a =
few
> different programs in ~/.xinitrc that create windows, e.g:

The relax_mmap check is default in 10.x. My monitor gets probed =
correctly.