Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:22:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:      kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/29085: New port: rprint

>Number:         29085
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       New port: rprint
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical

The rprint utility establishes a bidirectional raw tcp connection to a
network printer, usually on port 9100. In case of PostScript(TM) print-
ers, rprint may be directed to query the printer for accounting and
printer status information.

Although rprint can be used interactively, too, it is normally be invoked
by an lpd(8) input filter program.

rprint has been developed by myself for my employer (GWDG). We use it
for years now on our FreeBSD printer servers for print job transmission
and printer accounting. The license is BSD-style; copyright owner is GWDG.

I hope rprint will be of interest for others, too.

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	rprint
#	rprint/pkg-plist
#	rprint/pkg-descr
#	rprint/pkg-comment
#	rprint/distinfo
#	rprint/Makefile
#
echo c - rprint
mkdir -p rprint > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - rprint/pkg-plist
sed 's/^X//' >rprint/pkg-plist << 'END-of-rprint/pkg-plist'
Xbin/rprint
END-of-rprint/pkg-plist
echo x - rprint/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >rprint/pkg-descr << 'END-of-rprint/pkg-descr'
XThe rprint utility establishes a bidirectional raw tcp connection
Xto a network printer, usually on port 9100. In case of PostScript(TM)
Xprinters, rprint may be directed to query the printer for accounting
Xand printer status information.
XAlthough rprint can be used interactively, too, it is normally be
Xinvoked by an lpd input filter program.
XKonrad Heuer
Xkheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de
END-of-rprint/pkg-descr
echo x - rprint/pkg-comment
sed 's/^X//' >rprint/pkg-comment << 'END-of-rprint/pkg-comment'
XRemote printing utility using a raw bidirectional tcp connection
END-of-rprint/pkg-comment
echo x - rprint/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >rprint/distinfo << 'END-of-rprint/distinfo'
XMD5 (rprint-3.2.tar.gz) = 92d536986d5a352bd0ce491c53bb6da0
END-of-rprint/distinfo
echo x - rprint/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >rprint/Makefile << 'END-of-rprint/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:    rmonitor
X# Date created:         June 19th, 2001
X# Whom:                 Konrad Heuer
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=	rprint
XPORTVERSION=	3.2
XCATEGORIES=	print
XMASTER_SITES=	ftp://gwdu60.gwdg.de/pub/FreeBSD/misc/ \
X		ftp://gwdu61.gwdg.de/pub/FreeBSD/misc/
XMAINTAINER=	kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de
XMAN1=		rprint.1
XMANCOMPRESSED=	yes
X.include <bsd.port.mk>