Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:16:32 -0800
From:      dknapp@calpoly.edu
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        dknapp@calpoly.edu
Subject:   psm0: failed to reset the aux device

Touchpad isn't working - have tried all the options in mouse configuration
in /stand/sysinstall...Did work once however....

I've done a boot -v

psm0 says:
psm0: current command byte:0047
psm0: failed to reset the aux device

What does this mean, and is there any way to fix it?

I'm using a Synaptics PS/2 TouchPad

Is there a patch to make this work? Is it possible to manually reset the aux
device?

I have a Compaq Presario 1220 laptop (Cyrix 200Mhz - woot!), and I can't seem
to get the touchpad to work.  Trying with 4.7 RELEASE. Had same problem with
5.0 RELEASE.

This is an initial configuration, so the machine has no working data - so any
patches, changes, thoughts, rants, or shots in the dark would be greatly
appreciated.

dbk

David Knapp
Network Analyst,
Cal Poly, SLO
dknapp@calpoly.edu
805.748.4650
"Knowing the path is not the same thing as walking the path"