Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 1995 08:38:55 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Fernando Astorga <fernando@cea.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Comments on 2.0 release

> 2) When I was installing the XFree86-3.1 distribution, the CD-ROM
>    hung forever and I had to start all over.  First I thought it was the
>    size of it in combination with my slow controller, but when I tried
>    the src distribution (which is 160M vs 80M for XFree86), it worked fine.

Are you sure it wasn't just waiting for you over on ALT-F2?

This behavior has been changed for 2.1, but that's the way it worked in 2.0.

> 3) Also, kermit was not in the packages distribution.  I had to take it from
>    the 1.1 distribution.

Entirely intentional - we're not allowed to distribute it by the authors.
Don't yell at us, yell at them! :-)

> 7) The slip.FAQ might be out of date, since it worked 'as-is' in the 1.1
>    release, but not in the 2.0 release.

We've updated this considerably, thanks.

> Well, that's my $.02 worth.  Congradualtions on your superior product.

Thanks!  Spread the word at Berkeley! :-)

						Jordan