Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 1999 22:22:28 -0400
From:      Kenneth Legg <sce04020@mail.wvnet.edu>
To:        Marius <MBKING0@VM.SC.EDU>
Subject:   Re: modems and ppp

You really need to cc: to FreeBSD-questions  That way people who know more
then me can add to any humble advice that I try to give.

>The version of FreeBSD I'm using is 2.2.5. With this version will I only have
>to edit the ppp.conf file.

      I believe that you do have a current enough version.  But you can check
by typing thusly: "ppp show version"

>If this is the only file I have to edit, is there anyway you could send me a
>copy of what the file looks like so I'll have and Ideal of what to do.
*snip*

      Just load the doc distribution onto your computer with /stand/sysinstall
and you can look the file in the handbook.   When loaded it is found at:
/usr/share/doc/handbook.html

Or go to the handbook page on the web:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/ppp-and-slip.html

      The sample file there is identical to the one I have on my system,
except that I have the phone number for my ISP filled in, my username
instead of "foo" and my password instead of "bar."   Ya simply gotta read
the manual.