Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 2002 09:37:01 +0300
From:      Roman Jasin <cityangels@mac.com>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: connection drops after some time

Bill,

I'm sure there are enough people all over the world who don't care, but
there are enough who do care. :)
Thank you for you suggestion, I'll  try to educate my ISP on the matter.
Regarding my setup: I have a RadioDSL link (BreezeAccess antenna + tiny
box). I have couple of 4.5-STABLE FreeBSD boxes, one with firewall+nat
and two Allied Telesyn AT2500TX
cards. After I tried all I could think of with it, I switched the box.
Second box I tried had one 3Com 3C509 Etherlink III. The rest of the
setup was the same, Apache 1.3.24+PHP 4.2.1+sendmail+qpopper. I also
used a little 4 port hub for the internal network with the firewall box,
but I don't think it matters, because I got the same results w/o
firewall+nat.
I'm not sure if I mentioned that before, but I found that when my box is
inaccessible, it doesn't 'see' MAC address for ISP's router (gateway).
As soon as I send a request (ping, http etc.) it's able to 'see' the
address again. I'm not sure what other information could be relavant
here.

Thanks for your help,
-Roman