Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:21:59 -0500
From:      Jeff Walters <jwalters_1@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPsec on a NAT gateway

At home I have a FreeBSD gateway working nicely for NAT and firewall.
One of the machines behind this firewall is an OS X iBook running
through a WEP-enabled Airport base station in bridged mode (i.e. it
only bridges the wireless and the ethernet).  WEP has known problems,
and I'd like to secure the link between the iBook and the FreeBSD
firewall against snooping or malicious neighbors, etc.

I think that IPsec is the closest thing to an answer, however after
much digging through setkey man pages, the FreeBSD handbook, and other
HOWTO web pages nothing clearly describes this configuration.  This is
not really IPSec transport mode, because it's only secure between host
and gateway not host and host, and it's not tunnel mode because I'm not
joining two LANs.  Has anyone done this?