Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 10:09:56 -0500
From:      "Paul A. Howes" <pahowes@fair-ware.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Error in installworld

All-

I wanted to change the partitioning on my laptop computer, so I wiped it
clean, performed an FTP-install of 4.2-RELEASE, and then did an installworld
over NFS from my server, which had been updated through cvsup yesterday,
January 20th.

When installworld tried to install the man pages for
/usr/src/secure/usr.bin/openssl, the process complained that it couldn't
find "pod2man".  I did a quick search, and it was definately in /usr/bin,
and /usr/bin was in my path.  I tried re-running the installworld, but it
died at the same place.  Finally, I did a simple "rehash" to refresh the
shell's built-in command hashtable, and re-ran the installworld for the
third time.  Then, it worked flawlessly.

This has not happened on any of my systems that regularly track 4-STABLE.  I
usually run cvsup and buildworld/buildkernel on my server every Saturday or
Sunday morning.  This is the first time in a while that I have put a
"virgin" system on the network, and had to make this large of a jump from
RELEASE to STABLE.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  Thanks!

--
Paul A. Howes
pahowes@fair-ware.com