Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 1997 15:45:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, obrien@NUXI.com, ports@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting /usr/ports everywhere...

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Satoshi Asami wrote:

>  * You should probably receive your 2.1.7 CD soon, which has the same
>  * layout.  It's all on the 2nd CDROM, so you do unfortunately need to
>  * switch CDs for it. :(
>
> Ok.
>
>  * Of course, at the rate you're going, I predict that the ports
>  * collection will be a 2-CD set before the end of the year. :-)
>
> Gee, what are we going to do when the time comes when all the
> distfiles don't fit on a single CD?  Mandate a CD-changer? ;)

Seeing as I am aware (as most FreeBSDers are) of the enormous support that
WC has given us, the idea that eventually WC might sell a completely
separate CD (or set of CDs) supporting ports, either the distfiles
only, or all of /usr/ports with distfiles, doesn't bother me in the least.
I'd subscribe.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |