Date:      Mon, 07 May 2001 12:17:52 -0400
From:      "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh reports "no RSA support in libssl and libcrypto."

Peter Jeremy wrote:

> Having built and installed -current from last Friday, I find that ssh*
> is now reporting "no RSA support in libssl and libcrypto.  See ssl(8)"
> and will only talk SSH2.  I couldn't find anything relevant in ssl(8).
>
> I haven't specified "WITH_RSA=NO" anywhere and checking through the
> build logs, there's no sign of "-DNO_RSA".  libcrypto.a contains an
> RSA_generate_key() which doesn't look like a stub.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

I seem to remember that I once got a misleading message just
like that. It turned out that /dev/random was not available
or not working properly.

Cheers,
Jeroen
--
Jeroen C. van Gelderen - jeroen@vangelderen.org

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend
  upon the support of Paul."  --  George Bernard Shaw