Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 1996 01:37:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        hmmm@alaska.net
Cc:        tony-o@iij.ad.jp, freebsd-questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: iijPPP bug?

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

>i believe i have found a BUG in iijPPP.

>man CHAT states "\\" = '\'

>i have a modem (motorola UDS) that uses "\Q3" for CTS/RTS flow.

>in PPP.CONF i try "AT&F&C1\\Q3"

>i start to CONNECT, but crash.

>i check PPP.LOG and find that AT&F&C1Q3 was sent,
>	and that WON'T work for sure!

Yes.  I looked at my ppp.conf, and I noticed this.  You need to quote
the \ again, so that \ -> \\ -> \\\\ (whew!).  This isn't pretty, but
it _should_ work (I didn't test it, but this seems to match what I'm
seeing).

bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/