Date:      Mon, 22 May 1995 16:27:40 -0400
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Diagnostics for a hanging machine?

On Mon, May 22, 1995 at 11:23:49 (-0700), Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

 > I think I spotted your problem in your response to Mycroft, it looked
 > like you where using the aha driver for the bt card.  Could you please
 > send me the output of dmesg from booting this box with FreeBSD?  If
 > infact you are using the aha driver it would explain a *lot* of the
 > problem.

	Well, I spend about an hour with the machine trying to figure out
how to get it to recognize the controller as bt0.  No go.  How do I get the
BT742 into NON Adaptec 1542 mode?  I have it at 0x330, irq 12, and the bt0
device does *not* recognize it.  Once it's probed and fails, it picks it up
as aha0.  Any ideas?  Thanks for the help!

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead  -> Virginia Tech Center for Transportation Research -
                 -> Multiple Platform System and Network Administration