Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 20:10:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-SMP@freebsd.org
Subject:   Starting off smp

I am trying to do the startup of smp on my machine.  The directions on the
FreeBSD smp web page aren't particularly helpful for two reasons:

1) I don't use sup or cvs-sup, I use ctm.
2) My main problem is interaction between my present cvs tree and the
   new, unrelated smp cvs tree.

I tried going into my cvs-maintained /usr/src, and moving the sys
directory there to sys-up (as suggested in the web page), then using the
cvs smp tree I created via the ctm deltas to create a new sys.  I've
unpacked the smp ctm deltas into my home directory, /usr/chuckr/cvs1, so
the commands I used to make the new smp sys were:

cd /usr/src
mv sys sys-UP
cvs -d /usr/chuckr/cvs1 co sys

I got this error message back:

cvs: /home/ncvs value for CVS Root found in CVS/Root
cvs: does not match command line -d /usr/chuckr/cvs1 setting
cvs: you may wish to try the cvs command again without the -d option

(note the CVSROOT for my main cvs tree is /home/ncvs).  Anybody know what
part of this I have wrong, so I can make my smp sys tree real?

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |