Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 1996 20:28:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Barry Masterson <jbarrm@panix.com>
Cc:        "Freebsd.questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Hylafax;uucp & dialer permissions.

On Sun, 28 Jan 1996, Barry Masterson wrote:

> In order to dial out with kermit, ppp, seyon, after using 'sendfax'
> I have to 'su -' and re-chmod cuaa1 to give rw access back to dialer.
> The hylafax manual suggests using 'config', & 'make depend' to fix this;
>
>  '..look at the DeviceMode configuration parameter in config(4F) to
>   control the protection mode that HylaFAX sets for the device.'
>
> Does this mean I have to add a single_line value to my custom kernel
> config file that defines hylafax, and the permission modes I want to
> preserve?

All you yave to do is edit /var/spool/fax/etc/config.cuaa1.  Find a line
that starts with "DeviceMode:" and if one exists, change it's value to
0666, otherwise if a line like that doesn't exist, just add one:

DeviceMode:	0666

You'll then have to restart the fax server, and then everything should be
hunky-dory.

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 / FAX 564-2315 / WWW http://www.geopages.com/WallStreet/2072
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or on Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **