Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 20:50:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Kelley L." <kosh@kosh.cococo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pentium or Pentium II for FreeBSD

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, rick hamell wrote:

> >   I  plan  to  change  motherboard  and  processor.  If it will be big
> >   difference  in  efficiency  to use Pentium in comparison with Pentium
> >   II?
>
> 	It's been my experience that AMD chips are a heck of a lot faster
> then PII. For my desktop systems I use them at a quite substantial
> savings. :) The only time I personally would use PII is in a Dual CPU server.

   Could you give a comparison between two systems, one PII and one AMD,
where the AMD is faster. I'm not arguing, I was under the impression that
the PII would run circles around just about anything. I have a couple of
PII's here and I don't have any AMD's, but the PII is just awesome
compared to the other Pentium w/MMX chips in the other machines.

later
Kelley