Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 18:26:04 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <brad@shub-internet.org>
To:        Vladimir Litovka <doka@triton.kiev.sovam.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3C5x9 Network cards

On Thu, Apr 8, 1999, Vladimir Litovka <doka@triton.kiev.sovam.com> wrote:

> I have had the same problem under 3.1-STABLE with ISA 3C509B cards -
> FreeBSD did detect them, but had problems with sending/receiving data
> through them. I've rolled back to simple ne2000 cards.
>
> BTW as I remember, FreeBSD had never worked good with this card's type.

    Is this to imply that FreeBSD has problems with 3Com 3C905 (10/100
Base-TX) cards as well?  I was under the impression that FreeBSD and
Linux were the only two OSes outside of Microsoft to have semi-decent
drivers for these cards, primarily because of the user community self-support.

    I do have one Intel EtherExpress Pro 100+ that I could stuff into the
machine I'm building, but I kind of wanted to hang onto it for more
critical functions, and for the less critical machines perhaps get by
with just a 3Com 3C905....

--
Brad Knowles <brad@shub-internet.org> <http://www.shub-internet.org/brad/>;
    <http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE38CCEF1>;

Your mouse has moved.   Windows NT must be restarted for the change to
take effect.   Reboot now?  [ OK ]