Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:07:43 +0100
From:      Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        "phanatix" <phanatix@netcabo.pt>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Conceptronic C54  Wireless PCMCIA Cardbus support?

>>>>> "phanatix" == phanatix  <phanatix@netcabo.pt> writes:

 phanatix> I have also a wireless pcmcia card "Conceptronic C54
 phanatix> Cardbus32 bit" and i think that it is based on the Intersil
 phanatix> PRISM2 chip

Certainly not, rather a Prism GT/Duette/Indigo instead.

 phanatix> The question is, is this card supported ?

No native driver atm.

 phanatix> I heard FreeBSD 5.2 supports the latest 802.11g wireless
 phanatix> adapters..

Thanks to Bill Paul, it's possible via Project Evil aka Ndisulator to
use windows ndis drivers for nics.

Look at commit message for revision 1.1 of the following file :
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/compat/ndis/subr_ntoskrnl.c

Eric Masson

--
 manquerait plus que les groupes soient pollués. c'est beaucoup plus
 grave que des plages bretonnes à deux francs qui étaient déjà polluées