Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 19:00:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        jdp@austin.polstra.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Building Solaris->FreeBSD cross binutils

> > I also noted that another recognized target is i386-unknown-freebsdelf
> > which JDP added support for.
>
> That one works fine, but it's for playing around with ELF rather than
> building real FreeBSD binaries.

Hmm.  What's the status of our ELF support?  Can I just use the
ELF version and make a cross development system for FreeBSD
ELF binaries?  I assume we're going to have native ELF support
some time in the future, so if there was a patch kit to 2.2.1
(or even 3.0) I could live with that.

> If you want a cross environment to FreeBSD, your easiest path is
> probably to port the old assembler and linker from our /usr/src tree.

Will try to do that.

Thanks

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org