Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 1996 00:11:34 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VC support, *BSD and atm/frame/isdn

J Elischer writes.....

>for what I've done so far as an experiment,
>look at:
>ftp://ref.tfs.com/incoming/VC.tar
>I've layerd this onto a stipped down version of a driver
>for the SGS mk50h28 frame chip (hey it ain't released code so don't
>spread that part too much..) it's just an example of how it MIGHT work.
>the VC code only supports rfc1490 but you could add modules to do
>other  types just as easily...
>this all assumes however that one if/VC is acceptable..

Are you using our card as a platform for the MK5028? If not, it does
drop in as a replacement for the processor we use, and it might
be interesting to get the code working. We evaluated the MK5028
but decided to do the frame relay stuff in software ('cause it wasn't that
difficult and gave us more control), and the early versions of the
processor just didnt work, and we couldnt wait for them to fix it.

Nonetheless, people have been asking for source code for our board,
and if you have code for the 5028 then  you have most of the work
done..Im  sure there'd be lots of interest from our customer base, plus
an OEM opportunity for yourselves.

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous PC Cards and Routers For Discriminating
Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame Relay, PPP, HDLC,
and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD and LINUX.