Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2008 16:00:39 +0100
From:      Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
To:        FreeBSD Arch <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pipe(2) calling convention: why?

--alTGMKZKEXf64S3V

Hello all,

It seems most people liked some things that were in the patch, while
others preferred to keep things as they were. I've just committed a
patch to SVN (r184849) which keeps pipe(2) as it is now, but does some
cleanups:

- I've added kern_pipe(), so we can make linux_pipe() and linux32_pipe()
  less ugly (discussed with rdivacky).

- I've also changed the manual page to not mention EFAULT, because we
  just get a segmentation fault if we pass an invalid address.

Thanks all for commenting on this topic!

--=20
 Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/

--alTGMKZKEXf64S3V