Date:      Sat, 07 Feb 1998 10:04:49 -0600
From:      Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>
To:        ade@demon.net
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot floppy banner

Let me state the obvious (but possibly naive) question:

* Why not have a pair or more of different install images?  An image
  for a.out, and an image for ELF.  Or an image with BAD144 (+possibly
  other cruft) and an image without complete support for legacy
  hardware?

Oh, or another:

* Why not use multiple disks during installation as necessary?

I know that there is a convenience issue, but let's talk about these
possibilities.  Shoot them down, if necessary.

Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>