Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 1996 23:01:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        doug@sun1paztcn.wr.usgs.gov (Renaissance Man)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, doug@sun1paztcn.wr.usgs.gov
Subject:   Re: Will DTC 3274 controller work with FreeBSD?

> Hello,
>
> First post to this list from a new FreeBSD convert...  ;)

:-)

> I have an Always IN-2000 in my 486 right now, but I am
> considering buying a newer SCSI adapter board.  I found
> the DTC 3274 down at my local hardware outlet, and it
> seems to be just the ticket, but I wanted to see if anyone
> has been successful using one with FreeBSD.  It claims to
> be Adaptec 1542 compatible.  I scanned through the FAQ,
> but it only mentioned DTC's 3290 board...

I would avoid the 3274, even if it was to work with the 1542
driver.  You best beat for stable operation would be to get
a _real_ adaptec 1542CF.

> Also, is there any interest in a driver for the IN-2000?

Nope, that is a PIO mode, zero intelegent, no bus master scsi
controller.  Works fine for DOS, but makes a very poor unix
controller.

> (Does anyone else here use one?)

Not in over 4 years....