Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:47:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Alex Pilosov <alex@pilosoft.com>
Cc:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>, Bill Paul <wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG>, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: call for testers: port aggregation netgraph module

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Alex Pilosov wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Chris Dillon wrote:
>
> > Cool, if thats all it will take, I'll give it a try.  But, whatever
> > method Compaq/Intel is using doesn't require me to set up the ports on
> > the switch as being part of a trunk.  It "just works".  And IIRC, when
>
> Its not real trunking. Your incoming traffic will still come on a
> single link, only outbound traffic will be shared. (Or at least
> that's how I think compaq stuff will work).

Yes, I think that is how it works.  I'd guess that this doesn't matter
in most cases since most servers are transmitting much more data than
they are receiving.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For IA32 and Alpha architectures. IA64, PPC, and ARM under development.
   http://www.freebsd.org