Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:41:55 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        Shawn Kelly <kellysm_2k@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Programming Model

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 07:20:17AM -0700, Shawn Kelly wrote:

> In the world of Microsoft Windows I beleive the following is recommended for web based applications:
>
>    Place business rules into COM objects on the web server
>    The Web Client should just be used for the UI
>
> What is the best model for the FreeBSD world and where can I find more information about it?
Place business rules as near to business data as possible. Ie into SQL
database, place application logic into server side (CGI,Servlet or ...)
Use Web Client as user interface, as simple user interface.

But this is my opinion

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia