Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 20:40:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
Cc:        <cjm88@home.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE Install problems, BOOT FAILURE after  freshinstallation

On Sat, 12 May 2001, Doug Russell wrote:

In the morning I updated the firmware of the SCSI controller
LSI Logic 21040 from 4.16-00 to 4.18-00. Since then both new
IBM DDYS T18350N drives were detected as it should be. Before
the update the controller found these drives, but did not enable
LVD mode. It seems to be a classical controller <-> diskdrive
conflict/problem. The same has been reported to DDYS 36GB drives and
AMI Enterprise/Elite 1600 RAID controllers.

Another problem occurs with FreeBSD 4.3 since the last cvsupdate this day
(I did the last cvsupdate 12 days ago on that machine). The system has
much trouble with drives connected to the second port an beeing 8 bit wide.

:>