Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:25:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Tony Chang <w@entropy.muc.muohio.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pcmcia card reader

I believe that most (all?) such devices have virtually no real logic on
them, and merely provide a little hardware "glue" between the PCMCIA
and the flash.  The flash itself even provides the CIS manufacturer/card
strings; they vary from CF to CF, but not from adapter to adapter.

I've used several brands.  They all worked identically.

Brian