Date:      Fri, 08 Nov 1996 06:41:26 -0600
From:      "Chris Csanady" <ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Write-back boot blocks?  Why not...

I recently came upon an IDE drive, so I have been poking around at
things to get it to boot off my scsi.  I must say, Im sure there are
plenty of new, users that get fairly disgusted trying to this to work. :(

Anyway, does the NAMEBLOCK_WRITEBACK feature of biosboot work?  (documented
in /sys/i386/boot/biosboot/Makefile)  I noticed it was commented out.  I
think it would be a really nice feature for 2.2 if it worked.  If not, perhaps
the BOOT_HD_BIAS variable should be mentioned in the handbook or somewhere
else obvious. :)

Just thought I'd bring it to everyones attention..

--Chris Csanady