Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 18:16:51 +0200
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with Amavis setup

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 02:40 -0700, John Braun wrote:

> I can't download "file" command for "Amavis"  from
>
> ftp://ftp.astron.com/pub/file/,
> ftp://ftp.gw.com/pub/unix/file/ and
> ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/unix/tools/file/.
>
> Where can I get this command ?

It comes with your system.  It's already on your disk.

$ uname -sr
FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE
$ which file
/usr/bin/file
$ man file
... "/brief"
OPTIONS
     -b      Do not prepend filenames to output lines (brief mode).
HISTORY
     There has been a file command in every UNIX since at least Research Ver-
     sion 6 (man page dated January, 1975).  [ ... ]

BTW:  You do use the security/amavis port, don't you?

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net