Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:00:55 -0800
From:      Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org>
To:        Tim Kientzle <kientzle@acm.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RCng Awkwardness

--aEQgRVFBwimJ3+rv

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 11:50:45AM -0800, Tim Kientzle wrote:
> I find the standard arguments used by RCng quite
> awkward.  In particular, especially for people who
> have worked with SysV-style init scripts, it's
> rather surprising that "/etc/rc.d/nfsd stop" does
> not actually stop the nfsd process.  Likewise, 'start'
> doesn't actually start the specified system.

As one of the people that supposedly worked on this. I'm heartily in
favor of this. I've found this behavior to be quite annoying. I'll
see if I can put something together. If you want to help me out and
put together the patches, I'd be more than happy to commit them.

-gordon

--aEQgRVFBwimJ3+rv

--aEQgRVFBwimJ3+rv--