Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 19:39:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael R. Rudel" <mrr@rhiannon.dyn.ml.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        Brandon Gillespie <brandon@roguetrader.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where to place new crypt() files?

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Terry Lambert wrote:

[ ... ]

> Yes.  You live in Logan, Utah, so you can't export it, so only the
> pieces not dealing with the crypt code itself can be exported.  For
> the crypt code itself, this is not a useful change unless you can
> get the crypt people (in South Africa) to write to your framework.
>

> Crypt is such an archaic pain because it's impossible to really
> collaborate on it without breaking most countries munitions laws.
> 8-(.
>

> 					Terry Lambert
> 					terry@lambert.org
> ---
> or previous employers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the law say something like 'It's
illegal to export, but once it's exported, it's legal to use outside the
US and Canada?'
I thought I saw a trend on here or some other OS-related mailing list a
while ago about this sort of thing.

--
Michael R. Rudel -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- mrr@rhiannon.dyn.ml.org
FreeBSD rhiannon.dyn.ml.org 3.0-CURRENT