Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 20:12:12 +0000
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   localhost unreachable ?

since I re-made my kernel from up-to-date sources on Sunday I
can't use localhost anymore. If I try to telnet to port 25 to
check sendmail the machine just hangs. This prevented me from
sending any mail, of course.

Reverting to a kernel from about the 1st week of August fixed the
problem.

BTW I did a config before making the new kernel.

Has anyone else seen this, or is just me ? Maybe something Garrett
committed lately needs to be reflected in ipfilter, which I'm using ?

--------
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de
Work - gjennejohn@frt.dec.com