Date:      Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:28:04 +0200
From:      Sabine Baer <baerks@t-online.de>
To:        Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet@esiee.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Usenet Server (was:  freebsd list admins?)

On 22.06.2011, at 09:00, Frank Bonnet wrote:

> If anyone knows some free USENET servers I would be happy to know it
> in France it becomes VERY hard to find one and I would like to setup
> one
> BUT I need some feeders !
> I don't care about alt.* but we need the big 8

[...]

Not absolutely 'free', but a very well maintained one:
news.individual.de

http://www.individual.net/

It's the newsserver of the Freie Universitaet (Free University) Berlin
It costs 10,00 EUR per annum.

Those are private and free and of good reputation:

http://www.albasani.net/index.html.en
http://news.solani.org/policy/

> Thanks and sorry for that offlist question ...

If the death of usenet could be delayed...

Sabine