Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 08:19:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Robert Swindells <swindellsr@genrad.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        shudoh@muraoka.info.waseda.ac.jp
Subject:   shuJIT crash using Swing

I think I have found why I was getting crashes when trying to use
shuJIT with Swing.

The method javax.swing.UIManager.initialize() makes an explicit call
to java.lang.Compiler.disable(). This turns off JIT compilation as
expected, but the invoker then recursively calls itself until the
stack overflows.

I think that the fix would be to store the original invoker in the
CodeInfo structure for each method and call that if the compilation
fails.

Robert Swindells