Date:      Tue, 22 May 2007 03:40:01 +0100
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: asymetric speeds over gigE link

Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
>     0n Mon, May 21, 2007 at 07:39:06PM +0100, Tom Judge wrote:
>
>     > I have also seen 700Mb/s sustained FreeBSD - FreeBSD using the openssh HPN
>     > patch set and no extra tuning of the network stack.  Which makes me
>     > think that maybe the linux stack needs some tuning?
>
> What is the "HPN patch" ?

http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/hpn-ssh/

Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center high performance networking patches,
which have been around for a few years and are maintained, available as
part of ports/security/openssh-portable.

Sadly, my patches for the ROT13 cipher have not made it into
OpenSSH/OpenSSL as of yet.         +

Regards,
BMS

+ Very capable of line rate encryption. And based on a mature USENET
technology...