Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 13:59:48 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Newsreader question - binaries support?

Hey all.  I recently started fetching some old Betty Boop cartoons off
alt.binaries.multimedia.cartoons.  If you are familiar with how these
things are posted, you can probably guess what I am looking for.

The cartoons are usually archived into several files using the rar
archiver.  Each file is then broken up into smaller pieces and posted
a little at a time.

I am using Mutt with the nntp patch, and on a Windows machine, Free
Agent.

FreeAgent has some smarts about fetching multipart files, but won't do
the sorting that makes it so much easier to get the multiple files
required to get the end product (often a 200+MB mpeg file).  I am told
that the commercial version of Agent can also watch for messages that
fit a pattern, so you can not only fetch the messages needed for
boop.r00, but any of the other 12 or so pieces needed for "Crazy
Town.mpg".

So, is there a newsreader that anyone knows of that has these features
in the ports?  I've seen several newsreaders available, but I'm not
inclined to learn half a dozen different readers to get the one with
the features I want.

Thanks in advanced.

Lou
--