Date:      Sun, 6 Jul 1997 16:53:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multicast code broken?

I haven't looked at it fully but it appears that
the muticast changes have broken many things..
for example the multicast test program mtest(8)
cannot even add a multicast address any more..

I know Garret is off on holiday in Canada, but I wish he'd tested these
things first. (it's a 1 line fix)
the fact that this simple test program was not
even checked doesn't give me a good feeling about the rest of the
changes. The Appletalk code has been totally broken by this.
I'm struggling my way through it however..

Has anyone seen the multicast code working with the new DE driver?
I don't seemto be receiving multicasts on my test setup
for the netatalk code.

For the record, I notice that garret's new changes (while I agree with
them), will once again break every stack in the system except
those for IP.

This is getting very annoying for those of us maintaining a stack.