Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 10:45:01 +0200
From:      Luke Roberts <luke@roberts.nl>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sppp corrupts mails (was: Re: 0.82 and sendmail 8.9.3 (3.2R) corrupt lines in emails)

Hi Michael,

>I use 0.82 and have this problem with sppp, did you meen its fixed in 0.83?
>(Can't compile sppp and spppcontrol under FreeBSD 3.2R)

I upgraded my i4b machine (Telse 16.3 card) from 0.82 to 0.83 yesterday and
also had some problems with sppp and spppcontrol. Eventually though, I did
manage to get the system back up and running 0.83. I found that I had to
change the settings for VJ compression in my kernel config file. I only had
one VJ compression entry and 0.83 seems to use two enties.

After I recofigured my kernel file, did a make clean, make depend, make
install and rebooted, everything went like it should. I still use i4b's ppp
but will give userland ppp a go cause I like the look of multilink ppp.

Also it looks like my timeout problems with 0.82 belong to the past. The
machine has been up and running for more than 18 hours without a single
timeout on the isdn line.

Keep up the good work with i4b development guys!

Luke