Date:      Wed, 05 Aug 1998 10:06:52 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Custom fixit disks?

Julian Elischer wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:
>
> > On Monday,  3 August 1998 at 14:25:37 +0100, Karl Pielorz wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I need to change a couple of utilities on the system fixit disks that I use...
> > > The disks contents (when mounted under '/mnt') look kind of weird... All the
>
> this is quite easy if you want to use the files in
> /usr/src/release/floppies.
>
> it is possible that they need to be updated for 2.2
> but I checked them for -current today (and fixed them)
>
> cd /usr/src
> make buildworld
> cd /usr/release
> make obj
> cd sysinstall
> make obj
> cd ../floppies
> make obj
> cd fixit
> make

Hi,

Thanks for the info - when I do this it always stop saying it can't find stuff
like "cat.o" or "chmod.o" etc., i.e.

"
ld -dc -r -o chmod.lo chmod_stub.o /usr/src/bin/chmod/chmod.o
ld: /usr/src/bin/chmod/chmod.o: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
"
(This is after I removed 'cat' from the fixit crunch.config)

The buildworld did seem to complete OK (i.e. no errors). This is all on
2.2.7-RELEASE...

I've tried copying the crunch.conf's over from my -CURRENT system (which is
current as of 00:00 BST 4th August) - but with no luck...

The object files are on the system, there just in different places ;-) - Looking
at the previous output lines shows:

"
cc -O   -DCRUNCHED_BINARY -c /usr/src/bin/chmod/chmod.c
"

So I'd guess it's not putting the Object files in the same dir as 'chmod.c', and
hence can't find them (they go into /usr/obj/usr/src/bin/chmod).

I haven't got a clue how to change this though...

Can you help?

Regards,

Karl