Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 1998 13:05:09 -0800
From:      "Ron 'The Insane One' Rosson" <insane@oneinsane.net>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mixing 8- and 16-bit shared memory ISA cards

Well,
  I just put together the exact same thing.. It is working sweet. No wierd
problems and stable and quick. The only thing I am lacking is a good firewall
set.. Oh well till then I will use the rules I have.
TTYL
Ron

On Sat, Oct 31, 1998 at 12:37:01PM -0700, Nate Williams wrote:
> > I have a question for you old farts who still remember ISA.  I'm
> > trying to turn an old 486 box into an ethernet <-> frame relay router.
> > It has a 16-bit SMC 8013 card with shared memory, and also an 8-bit
> > ET Inc. card with shared memory.  I have this vague recollection that
> > you can run into problems with a mix like that in an ISA machine.
>
> FWIW, I ran this same setup (literrally!) on my 486 box until recently,
> using the same model ethernet card and the *same* ET card with no
> problems.
>
> (I'll leave the rest of the questions unanswered since I don't know
> about them...)
>

> nate

Ron Rosson              	... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                 		   rm -rf *
insane@oneinsane.net      	and all was null and void