Date:      Thu, 08 May 1997 13:15:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        The Code Warrior <jbowie@bsdnet.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-SCSI@FreeBSD.ORG, Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Subject:   Re: Privileged Instruction Fault...

Hi The Code Warrior;  On 08-May-97 you wrote:

> On Wed, 7 May 1997, Simon Shapiro wrote:
>

> > Hi Michael Smith;  On 08-May-97 you wrote:
> > > Simon Shapiro stands accused of saying:

> > > Forgot to mention; check your structure definitions for members with
> > > an offset of 0x41, though I expect you know all this...
> >
> > Yes, but part of the reason for discussing this publicly is for others,
> even
> > more naive that I am to not repeat my mistakes :-)

> Could be just a coincidence but could it have something to do with the
> fact that 0x41 is the address in memory of the Letter 'A'?
>
> -Jon

Yes, Thank you.  This is when I knew it was a stack problem.  The DPT
controller identifies many of its control packets by putting ``EATA''
somewhere in the packet.  The fact that this ends up as a pointer is the
clue.  What we need is (I am sure we have it, but I do not know) a way to
control stack size (from the config file?), or monitor its size vs.
allocated size.

Simon