Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 1995 11:38:04 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        freebsd@fgate.flevel.co.uk (freebsd)
Cc:        david@flevel.co.uk, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP URGENT

Firstly :

 PLEASE DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS LIKE THIS TO THIS ADDRESS.

The address for operational questions is questions@freebsd.org.

Please make a note of this.

freebsd stands accused of saying:
> Please Cc: david@flevel.co.uk

> We have a freebsd bootable hard disk that now refuses to boot.
>
> It hangs immediately after attaching bpf
>
> Are there any testing tools we can use?

Um.  This is really the wrong way to go about asking this question.  You
could start by including the kernel config file, and a copy of the
system probe output as the system starts.

> Config DX100 16M Adaptec 2940

Ok, what ethernet, how is the disk laid out, what translation options have
you set in SCSI Select?

> Any ideas gratefully received

Without more information from you, there's nothing anyone can do.

> david S.

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[