Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 1996 07:12:30 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@Mcs.Net>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Theo de Raadt: Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libc/db/hash hash_buf.c

> I love this.  What are we going to do with someone like this?  Is it
> going to take the concerted effort of several thousand people to
> protect the FreeBSD lists from this kind of harassment?  I really don't
> see many other alternatives, though I'm open to suggestions.
>
> Anyway, this is just a little pre-warning.  If we get a flood of anon
> mail in the next 10 minutes I'm just going to shut the mailing lists
> down for awhile until the postmasters at various intervening domains
> are contacted (along with whomever in Canada it seems to make sense to
> contact in cases like this).  I can at least stop the spam from
> reaching your mailboxes, and if we "go off the air" for awhile then
> the forwarded message below is why.  Just FYI.  We greatly regret any
> possible inconvenience, naturally, and will do what we can to resolve
> this foolish situation quickly.

 						Jordan

I suggest a call to the US Secret Service.

Seriously.

They take these issues with rather poor humor, and have in the past few
weeks started considered mailbombing and forged email with intent to harass
an act of wire fraud - which can get you 10 years in the hoosegow.

Phone numbers for the Chicago office will be supplied on request.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 23 Analog Prefixes, 13 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal