Date:      Mon, 19 May 1997 13:06:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: to be Philips or to be Temac (Wincast question)

On Mon, 19 May 1997, Steve Passe wrote:

> my first step would be to look under the wincast label to see if the original
> manufacturer's label is there.  I'm not sure what cound be deternmined by
> looking inside the can, but you might luck out and find a label of some sort.

In case you don't like the idea of ripping off the whole label, the
Philips tuner has 'PHILIPS' embossed into the top of the can, along the
bottom edge.

The Toshiba Inifnita PCs have a Bt848-based board in them and
there isn't a label on the tuner can.  I can't remember the original
vendor of the card, but it's basically a Hauppauge 45x.  The vendor of the
Win95 drivers was 'Brooktree Corporation.'