Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 1995 07:42:39 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        kieber@sax.de (Ulf Kieber)
Subject:   Re: ioctl(SIOCAIFADDR): File exists

As Peter Wemm wrote:

> There was a "feature" in 2.0.5 that meant that the local address of a
> point-to-point link could not be within the same network as any other
> interface, with the local subnet size being decided by the netmask of
> the remote network.

This sounds like it could be it (even though it's surprising that i
can log into the machine succesfully using another address, while i've
always been unsuccesful with the same address -- the other address has
been just 4 above).

> There is an undocumented option in the kernel, called something like
> P2P_LOCALADDR_SHARE, which works around the problem (with a slight
> bug) after I made a lot of noise about this "feature" before 2.0.5 was
> released.

What's the `slight bug'?  Can we use it nevertheless?

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/