Date:      Thu, 1 Nov 2001 01:32:08 +0000 (GMT)
From:      rik@rikrose.net
To:        edwin chen <slack@suntop-cn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: audit question

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, edwin chen wrote:

> hi, everybody

Hi Doctor Nick.. uh, I mean edward.

> if I want log a message "who visit which file or
> directory, when is it happend=A3=BF", what command I need ?

If *I* wanted to do this, I'd hack the fie-related syscalls (well,
probably not all of them. I'm not very good at this), to append stuff to
/root/file-log and probably panic the system every half an hour and got
overlapping logs due to not getting atomic write's correct, and the system
would slow to a crawl, but then I'm No Expert.

so yeah. good luck with it. Oh, and process accounting may already do some
of this stuff...

--=20
PGP Key: D2729A3F - Keyserver: wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net - rich at rdrose dot org
Key fingerprint =3D 5EB1 4C63 9FAD D87B 854C  3DED 1408 ED77 D272 9A3F
Public key also encoded with outguess on http://rikrose.net