Date:      Fri, 18 May 2012 10:45:10 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-current FreeBSD <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SUJ file system corruption.

On 18. May 2012, at 10:57 , Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 10:18:47AM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
>>
>> On 13. May 2012, at 22:35 , Tim Kientzle wrote:
>>
>>> FYI:  Saw a crash due to filesystem corruption when running SUJ.
>>>
>>> This is on a ARM AM335x system (BeagleBone) that is
>>> still pretty experimental, so I certainly cannot rule out other
>>> problems, but in case it means something to
>>> someone, here's the scenario:
>>>
>>> Reset the board to reboot (which is routine for these
>>> small embedded boards) and when it came back up
>>> it went through SUJ recovery, and then a little later
>>> the kernel panicked with this stack trace:
>>>
>>> rm: /var/run/dmesg.boot: Bad file descriptor
>>> panic: ffs_write: type 0xc1e86660 0 (0,1024)
>>

>> Can you tell us if this was HEAD, stable/9 or 9.0-RELEASE?
>
> on stable/9 and amd64 as of 2-3 months ago i am seeing these panics

Hmm, if you are on a 2-3 month old stable/9 please update; there have
been quite a few su+j bug fixes.   If it means you have been seeing them
for the 2-3 last months and are on an up-to-date stable/9 please
get the attention of Kirk, Jeff and maybe Peter Holm and Kostik.

/bz

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!